Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mariano Rivera Jr commits to Quinnipiac!

Finally we have some real Connecticut related news as Mariano Rivera Jr, son of Mariano Rivera, committed to Quinnipiac university in Hamden, Connecticut. Mariano Jr toured the campus back on December 8th and picked Quinnipiac over Fairfield University (also in CT for those of you who don't know) , South Florida and High Point.
Mariano will attempt to walk on to the schools Baseball team and he stated that
“I’m already working out every day and I’m training with my dad,” he said. “I’m going to work on my mechanics and get my speed up a little bit.”
This is pretty awesome for me because Quinnipiac plays in the Division I Northeast Conference  which is where my school, Central Connecticut State University, plays and it would be pretty cool for to see Mo Jr play there, especially if his dad decided to drop by. Check out Matt Eisenberg's article in The Quinnipiac Chronicle  here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment