Sunday, July 28, 2013

Godzilla!



Well today was a good day for me, I don't normally blog about individual games but today really was a fun day. I went to today's game because Hideki Matsui was going to retire as a Yankee on his bobble head day and that he did. The Yankees had a nice ceremony for Matsui showing highlights from his Career as a Yankee, especially the stuff from the 2009 World Series and then he came out and signed his retirement papers and was presented with a Jersey, after which he changed into Pinstripes and threw out the first pitch with the whole team on the field.
Brad Penner/USA TODAY Sports
 Hideki Matsui is without a doubt the greatest Japanese slugger in Major League history. He has 175 Home Runs in his MLB career and has the five highest single-season home run totals of any Japanese player in the MLB. More than that though Matsui was a constant sight in the Yankees lineup player 519 straight games to begin his Yankee Career and was my absolute favorite Yankee growing up, I still have my Matsui shirt and Jersey which you can bet I was wearing today. Having this sendoff was absolutely fantastic for me and I know it was for everyone else at the stadium and the buzz in the stadium was amazing. Oh and the Yankees had a walk off so that was nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment