Friday, March 16, 2012

Andy Pettitte is back

Yeah those are words that I never thought anybody would write in anything ever. I saw it when I was teaching and I thought it was a prank, but I decided to double check before the kids came back from lunch and when I saw that it was real I practically leaped out of my chair. I unfortunately had to wait the rest of the day before I could talk to anybody about it and I was met with several unbelivably supised responses. I mean honestly who saw this coming? From what I heard from Brian Cashman not even the Yankees players knew about this. Cashman apparently offered Pettitte a $10-12 million contract over the winter after Andy let him know he was thinking about returning. After Cashman added Kuroda and Pineda he told Andy that he did not have room for him, but Pettitte kept working out and the Yankees offered him a $2.5 million minor league deal which he accepted.The Pettitte signing is very exciting but Pettitte will not be ready for opening day and it looks like the Yankees will looking for him to contribute around mid-May to early-June, if he will be able to contribute at all. If Pettitte can be as good as he was in 2010 then his contribution will be huge, but the Yankees did have 6 starters for 5 spots already and a 7th will make that rotation hard to figure out if everyone is healthy. Rotations and situations change all the time and if Andy Pettitte is able to make his succesful comeback then there is a chance a spot won't need to open for him because one will have been created already. You can hear Andy Pettitte do a phone interview with the YES Network guys here if you haven't heard it, he called in during the game against Washington and he said he feels good but he needs to get his legs ready. I really hope that we can see Andy in one way or another, even if it is just a handful of starts but at the very least as of right now Pettitte is BACK!
He's back!

No comments:

Post a Comment